With so many thermostats to choose from, which one is best for me?
In general thermostats come with four pre-programmed settings and maintains those settings within two degrees. Many qualified models also come with additional features, such as:
- Digital displays
- Touch pad screen programming
- Voice and/or phone programming (my favourite)
- Hold/Vacation features
- Indicators which tell you when it’s time to change air filters
- Indicators that signal malfunctioning of heating/cooling systems
- Adaptive Recovery/ Smart Recovery features — control features that senses the amount of time it will take to reach the next set-point temperature, and reach desired temperatures by the set time.